Okay, so you might be wondering..."Am I awkward? How do I know??" First of all, congratulations on not being awkward enough that you are convinced, beyond a reasonable doubt, that you're playing for Team Awkward Girl. I salute you, my relatively-normal-socks-matching-non-tripping-over-your-own-shadow-social-etiquette-adhering friend! In case you're on the fence regarding your particular level of awkwardness (there is a spectrum, you know), I've compiled a list of just a few of the qualities that I've found to be consistent with those of an Awkward Girl.
This list is more qualitative than quantitative, so I can't tell you, for instance, that a diagnosis of Awkwardness is probable if you possess more than two-thirds of said qualities. But, if you identify with the majority of the following, the likelihood of you being awkward is relatively high.
1. If you have ever called someone and asked to speak to yourself (Hi, this is Beckie. May I please speak to Beckie? Crap! I mean, Theresa!)...you might be an awkward girl.
2. If you have ever seen someone in a big store (Walmart, Target) and left early or modified your route just because you didn't know how to navigate the I-just-saw-you-by-the-adult-diapers-now-I-see-you-by-the-tangerines-I-have-nothing-more-to-say-than-hi-how-are-you-and-I-can't-say-that-again situation...you might be an awkward girl.
3. If you have ever worn your yoga pants backwards for more than a four-hour period without realizing something was askew...you might be an awkward girl.
4. If you have a constant dribble line of coffee on your shirt...you might be an awkward girl.
5. If you avoid wearing white religiously because of #4...you might be an awkward girl.
6. If you were called "weird" by mean kids and are now called "quirky" by passive-aggressive adults...you might be an awkward girl.
7. If you are completely un-daring physically, the antithesis of Evel Knievel, but you've still managed to have multiple injuries requiring ER visits...you might be an awkward girl.
There are many additional symptoms of AGS (Awkward Girl Syndrome), but for now, I've gotta run (literally--9 miles is the plan this morning!!),
Awkward Girl
You're funny!
ReplyDelete